Tuesday, February 16, 2010

24 Weeks, 1 Day

Today is the day!
Possibly the most exciting day until the baby comes, we get to have a sonogram and see if we are having a boy or girl. This will be the first and maybe the only appt. that Gavin can come along to, so it will be fun to see his face when they put the baby on the screen. I don't know if that will help things sink in or not.
Doctors sure are sneaky, as a bribe to make sure you come in for that nasty glucose test they put it on the same day as your sonogram. So, this morning after 9 hours of starving myself, I drank their lemon-lime sugar potion, and sat in the waiting room for over an hour on the verge of passing out, so that they could get my blood tested. Lucky for me, Gavin didn't have to wait that entire time with us or he would have gone crazy!!! Our sono isn't until 2 PM today, so I'll try to concentrate on work for a few hours before heading back over there.
We're thinking at this point we want to keep it a secret, but may end up spilling the baby's gender eventually, especially if Gavin starts talking about it.

On a side note, we had someone interested in seeing our house yesterday, only 4 days after it hit the market! That was very encouraging!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw man...I was hoping to find out boy or girl!!! I totally understand keeping it a secret too...it just makes the wait until the new baby gets here so much longer for all the rest of us!!! But I bet Gavin will spill it! ; ) Glad your appointment went so well!

    ReplyDelete