Friday, October 16, 2009

Gavin's Favorite

I have just learned that I am no longer Gavin's favorite person in the world. In a recent conversation, Gavin informed me that he would rather go see Jeff, Drew, Lizzy, and Nate than stay in and watch Nemo with mommy. I guess this is just the beginning, but the feelings of rejection are already there. He will blow me an air kiss, but doesn't like real kisses anymore. Daddy has always been more exciting than me, but now he is falling for CSC students (probably because they hang him upside down and wrestle with him more than I have the energy for. On a brighter note, he still likes me more than the daycare lady, although he did say she was "Koote" (Cute). 

Last Sunday, Gavin pulled a dresser over that had a TV on top of it, which just barely missed hitting his head. I think we've underestimated his strength.  Guess who was the favorite then???

We recently converted his room to a "big boy" room, taking down all the animals and putting up Cars and Thomas things. This was a big deal for him, and he is still carrying on about everything on the walls. He knows most of the trains and the cars by name.

I have also had several "proud mama" moments for our CSC students recently. They have worked so long & hard to get CSC's name out there during all the homecoming events, and have represented CSC in a positive light in everything they do!! What a privilege to get to watch them grow as individuals and carry on the tradition of CSC and impacting WIU for Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment