Thursday, October 1, 2009

My first Blog Post!!



So, here it is the long-awaited inaugural post on my new blog. 

To begin, I feel an update on the happenings of the last month is in order...

Barry bought me a cricut in early September, so I have had a renewed excitement for scrapbooking! Next project to complete is the book of Gavin's first year of life (he turns 2 this weekend).

Barry turned 30 this month, and I surprised (or should I say didn't surprise him) with a little party with some of our family and friends. Because his laptop has been on the fritz, we bought him a new on the week before his birthday, and then were also able to buy him a motorized scooter, which he has been wanting ever since we moved back to Macomb. It was in great condition, and pretty sharp looking for a scooter, that is until I drove it into the garage on my first ride. Needless to say, I have decided that I won't be driving it to work, at least not until I can learn how to squeeze a handlebar to make the brakes work. (In my defense, I had not ridden a bicycle in almost 3 years). Apparently, you can forget how to ride a bike. I am determined to at the very least stay of the scooter until the golf-ball sized bruise on my shin is gone. 

Gavin is getting so big, and although he is not climbing out of his crib yet (very surprising) I am thinking it's time for a big-boy bed because mommy is straining to pick him up out of his crib. 

He turns 2 this saturday, and we will be taking him to Springfield for a Pim Family pizza party, and a trip to see some horses at our friends' children's ranch. He has no idea how excited he should be to get to see Gamma (Nancy), Papa (Randy), Nahnah (Renee), Uncle Mack (Matt), Daddie (Addie), Baby Abry (Avery), Missa (Melissa), Doron (yah, go figure that's the only one he can say right!) as well as a ton of kids and horses!

It has been so fun to see our family grow, and we always love getting together so the kids can play.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I am so excited you finally got a blog!! That is so fun. I really love blogging, and I think you will too. Welcome to blog land.

    ReplyDelete