Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Women's Bible Study & Grad. School

This semester Liz, Kristen and I are team-leading a Beth Moore Women's study on the Fruits of the Spirit. It includes watching a one-hour video of Beth, and then we split into three groups to discuss the week's homework and the video. Having never done a Beth Moore study before, I was unsure what to expect. Here are a few things I have come to appreciate....

  • Her videos are not only keeping my attention, but she is a very moving speaker. Not sure that I've ever been moved to tears by watching a speaker on tape.
  • I have an awesome group of young ladies, who are so different from one another, but we are slowly getting to know each other and I am LOVING getting to know them.
  • As much as I was warned, I have to say that I haven't found any of her outfits to be that outrageous at all. If my 50 year old mother dressed like her, I wouldn't be embarrassed.
  • I didn't realize how badly I needed to have a night away from Gavin & Barry to hang with some girls!! How did I ever survive without some me-time with God and other women?

On another note, I have been accepted into the RPTA Grad. program, and will start classes this spring. Not sure how I'll balance everything, but I am convinced that this is a great opportunity for me, and will pay off in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment